Tuesday, January 19, 2010

There's something about this time of year that makes me want to decorate, usually with a kind of scorched earth, "burn it down, burn it all down" fervor. This year I have my beady eyes on a few projects.
One is making new slip covers for our couch and reupholstering my new(to me) office chair. The other is reshaping our diningroom/office space to be more bear friendly without being an annex of ToysRus.
And the other was doing something to make our kitchen better.

So far I've gotten to the kitchen, I was helping my chum Sarah with her new kitchen and the clean lovely shininess excited a terrible case of the jealous in me. So I decided to do a bit of a something to ours.
You might not remember how our kitchen looked when we moved into this apartment three years ago. Let me refresh your memory:

Dark isn't it? Are you thinking "but Erin? why wouldn't you just turn the lights on?"
Bet you are.
Well folks. The lights ARE on. And perhaps you'd like a closer view of those charming yellow cabinets?
TA DA!
Brutal.

So three years ago I made it look different with a spot of contact paper and some uh, ingenuity?

I did this:
it's wasn't perfect but it was OK. You can read about how I did it here.
This last weekend I gave it a bit of a "freshen up". In the Joan Rivers sense. And now it looks like this:

You can read about what I did HERE 'fyou like.

So that's the kitchen. The slipcovers and Upholstery have to wait until next month on account of I spent the cash earmarked for them on The Red Cross Haiti appeal. Which really was a no brainer.
BUT next weekend is all about rearranging the dining room and the fun times with heavy lifting! I am SUPER excited, which may mean I need to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails