Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Love Story

Before I get all posty about the other stuff we got up to this weekend I wanted to share what I've been thinking about a lot just recently.
Last week I got some really kind comments on a post I wrote about my brother. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you guys' words. I worry a bit about writing the not-fun stuff down, but I do it anyway because then it doesn't have to live in my head.
Anyway, a comment from Emme led me to her blog PTSD: A Love Story. I ended up reading every post in practically one sitting.
It's an incredible story, Emme writes about her sweetie and the (unimaginably difficult) experience they are having even now with a matter-of-fact clarity and HOPE that left me just breathless.
And it really is a love story, you can see devotion and courage in every word.
I think you guys should have a read (Mum, you definitely should).
And Emme, this corner of the world is sending all the goodwill and warm wishes in the world to you and yours.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't comment on your first post ... my mum is 17 years post head injury. Now her orthopaedic injuries are the more troublesome, but I still can't relive those first few days or weeks when we didn't know and no one knew ... Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not comment on the previous post, but my Mister was electrocuted I think close to ten years ago now. I was not married to him at the time but when we started dating he was still heavy into compensate mode (pretend to remember the conversations we had had (or were having) for example. I don't pretend to understand what it is like but I do know from what he has told me is that it can be soul crushing to have to teach yourself how to walk, tie your shoes and even speak on some levels all over again.
    So although I won't pretend to get it on the grand scale. I get it on the small scale and I welcome posts about your brothers (and yourself as his support system) accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails