Saturday, November 27, 2010

Manly Man Gifts

I'm pretty sure that I'm preaching to the choir here but firstly of all, Handmade gifties = finest kind.
They say, "Hey, I love you and I spent some time making this with my hands because you're awesome".
Which is easy when it comes to the girl types and the under 10's on one's list (and by "one's'" I totally mean mine).
But you guys. Crafting gifties for men folk over the age of 12 or so. YEESH.
So with that in mind, over the next three weeks or so I'm going to be working up some tutes for manly manly Man Gifts! And because I'll be making them the prerequisites are super easy and relatively quick. Quirky, useful, funny or beautiful (or a combination of those things) is a bonus.
They're all things that I have either given my boys (to good response) or they're things that I'll be giving them this year.
If you want to play along feel free to grab a button from the sidebar there ->
or hit me up with suggestions or links (ooou yes! links please!) to what YOU'VE made for the guys in your life in the comments.


Now! On to the projects...
First up a Designer Knock-off Leather Patch Scarf
Secondly, a Leather 'Tache Keychain
Third, a guest post and a MAN BAG (murse!?) from Farah Makes Stuff
Fourth, get your GOOGLY on with Googly Eye Magnets.
And watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. I love that button graphic. Thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOhh Erin, I love this idea.

    I do not have a link to a tutorial, but I made a custom man-bag (murse?) for my husband a while ago to fit his iPad. I didn't write a tutorial, but I always meant to. Maybe i will now, if you will link to it...
    here is my blog post about it. http://farahmakesstuff.blogspot.com/2010/04/2-yards-of-brown-corduroy.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails