Monday, November 7, 2011

33!

You guys! I'm 33 today! 33! (I'm not complaining, so far I bloody LOVE my 30's)
I'm also not sticking around for long, I just wanted to tell you that apparently I don't learn! 'Member how last year my sweetie surprised the dickens out me with a party?
Well he did it again.
And I fell for it. Hook, line and sinker. Again.
And it was lovely, there was cake. And sangria. And funtimes. And that was after dinner at The Queen and Beaver (you should go! it's ace!)
There are no pictures (or if there are there may be sailor hats?) but I do have SOMETHING to show you...


Can you see what it is? It's a ring-bound manual for a 1969 White Company sewing machine. With less than 5 hours use on it. Still in it's table. With a heap of feet and accouterments. In TIFFANY BLUE.
Wondering why I might have such a manual? For such a machine?
YOU GUYS! It's because she is mine! And she shall be coming home with me on Wednesday. And her name shall be Betty (like Betty White; another awesome vintage broad, see?) and GOOD LORD but she's smooth. And you guys. I just about pee'd.
She is a gift from my good friend (and my baby's honorary granny), and I am a very very lucky gurl.
Ok. I'm going to go drink birthday chardonnay and snuggle on the couch with my sweetheart.
x!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I don't know what my Google Reader is doing exactly, but it appears to be missing your posts of late? I'll need to rectify that. And in the meantime, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! We're two days apart! (I'm the 5th.) I'm glad it was so lovely, and Betty is very, very beautiful. I'm sure she'll feel a renewed sense of deep purpose in your care. ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, VERY belated happy birthday hugs and highfives for you. I hope it was a brill one. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails